Thursday, July 9, 2009

Timberlake to protect Sector 2814????


Wowsers - Harry over at Ain't it Cool just dropped a bombshell.

Cameras should be rolling yesterday on the upcoming Green Lantern film, seeing as how it's supposed to open on December 17, 2010 and all. A ton of names have been bandied about for the role of Hal Jordan - most recently Bradley Cooper and Chris Pine.

But Big Red's got another name for us now: JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. That's right. The boy band guy. The Dick In A Box guy. The I-got-my ass-drug-all-over-Hell-and-half-of-Geogria-for-a-Pepsi guy.

Knowles claims that a spy at Leavesden Studios sent him the tip, and that Timberlake is just one of the guys that's seriously being considered for the role.

I don't know. To be completely honest, I'm not that familiar with the man's acting work. I saw Southland Tales, but nobody should be judged for that train wreck. His SNL work has been pretty funny, but I'm not sure pretty funny is enough to wear the ring. Interesting news, indeed.

UPDATE: Now The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds round out the triumvirate of candidates up for the part. Strange that there's no mention of Harry breaking the story this afternoon. And by strange, I mean it would be odd if they actually did. Dicks.


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment