Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NEEEEEEMMMMMOOOOO!!!!!


You know how Mel Gibson, balls-a-swingin' underneath that sweet kilt, screamed "Freedom!" at the end of Braveheart? Now you get it? No? Shit. I gotta work on these titles...

Anyway, THR is saying that Randall Wallace, the wordsmith behind the aforementioned go-commando masterpiece, We Were Soldiers, and an episode of Hunter back in '86 (Fred Dryer was a badass, and I had a serious 13 year-old chub for his partner) is taking stab number two at the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea remake. McG's helming the flick for Disney, and while I know I'm in the extreme minority, I actually dug Terminator: Salvation - so I think he's a good fit for the material. Wallace is 50/50; I'm into the films I mentioned above, but the other two (Pearl Harbor and Man in the Iron Mask)? Not so much. We'll see if he brings his A-game or his Ben Affleck game.

Brace yourselves for a surprise, but the piece also says that the remake will be an origin story for Captain Nemo. Well, ain't that a shock. Jesus Christmas - does everything have to be an origin story now? Are we, the viewing public, that damn stupid that we can't figure out a thing or two about the main character's background within the context of the story without making the story the very, very first story? Arrrgh!!! Hallelujah, holy shit - where's the Tylenol?





No comments:

Post a Comment